Post Malone is the latest artist jumping into the thriving cannabis business. According to a new report from TMZ published on the third of may, the singer will be launching his own marijuana company on his birthday.
The celebrity news site reports that Posty has landed on the name Shaboink for the company, and it will specialize in a line of flower, pre-roll joints and vaporizers. He’s already had a soft launch at the annual cannabis trade show, Hall of Flowers, but will have a full rollout of the products in dispensaries on his 24th birthday, July 4. Shaboink will produce both THC and CBD products, as well as merch.
If these products perform anywhere close to how Posty’s Crocs collaboration sold, he’s going to have quite the successful company on his hands. When he debuted his second collection with the company back in December, the entire inventory sold out within 10 minutes.
Post is having an all around great year thus far. Only a few months in to 2019 and he’s already gotten a No. 1 record with his Swae Lee collab, “Sunflower,” performed at the 2019 Grammy Awards, and he’s set to hit the festival circuit pretty hard this summer. Shaboink will more than likely be another success for Posty to add under his belt in 2019.
Rappers Who Have Entered The Cannabis Business
- Wiz Khalifa has his own cannabis strain “Khalifa Kush”
- Snoop Dogg has invested into the business more than anyone in hip-hop
- Xzibit having his own Napalm OG strain, Xzibit has worked with Brass Knuckles on vape products and has his own line of edibles.
- Waka Flocka has his own cannabis strain “Flockaveli OG” – You can get it at his weed farm in Michigan
- Kurupt – Kurupt’s Moonrock strain is said to be the strongest weed ever—even Snoop Dogg has admitted it’s “too much” for him.