Getting paid to smoke weed is probably the stoner’s cream dream. As the cannabs industry continues to grow, we’re seeing more opportunities like these arise. Now, imagine if you could get paid 50k a year to smoke weed?
Well, Budtrader, one of the largest cannabis sites on the internet has opened up a position for a “tester”. What does this entail?
Job Overview By Budtrader
- must also be comfortable in front of the camera.
- Will need to do unboxing videos and explainer videos of how products work, as well as doing Facebook and Instagram live videos and SnapChat posts and videos.
- Must be healthy and physically able to perform the product review tasks.
- Will be allowed to work remotely but will have to meet deadlines and quotas for all product reviews, articles and videos.
- Must send a bio/resume and head shot or a 60 second intro video so we can learn more about you.
Please also attach links to existing social media accounts and submit everything to: budtrader.com
Essentially, the applicant must be able to deliver reviews, unboxings and do all the typical digital marketing elements, except everything related with weed.
Get Paid To Smoke Weed But…
Now, it’s important to note that this job is not a stoner’s job. I mean, it is a stoner’s job, but you can’t be looking to simply smoke weed and get paid, you actually have to be proficient in writing content, creating videos, podcasts and be a guru in Social Media.
People think that working within the cannabis niche is all about getting baked. This couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, CEO Brad McLaughlin had this to say about the position…
What does this mean for you a cannabis aficionados who want to get into the industry. All you have to do is head over to budtrader.com and submit your application. Obviously, there will be thousands of applicants however if you’re smart about it you can get ahead of the competition.
Here’s A Few Things To Consider
- Make your application appealing to the employer. What skills do you possess that would be an added benefit to hiring you.
- Spend time on making the video submission. This will be their first impression of you, it wouldn’t hurt to through a few hundred dollars on a professional explainer video outlining your skills. If you’re going to DIY, then simply take your time in editing, make sure that your 60 seconds are telling your story with a splash of your personality.
- Carefully plan what you’re going to say within your cover letter.
- Pray to all the gods you know
I hope that our value added tips will land you the position. To those out there that are looking to break into the cannabis industry, good luck!