Many weed users pay attention to two things when they select their strain for the evening. How much does it cost, and how much THC is in it? Yet beyond this one component, there are many other elements to consider. Things like CBD can make a difference in your high, as well as other cannabinoids.
What is a cannabinoid and which ones are best? We’re going to uncover the top 5 cannabinoids out there.
Cannabinoids – 101
Marijuana is a complex substance made up of many components. One of these parts is a cannabinoid, a particular type of molecule. Receptors in our bodies react to various cannabinoids and are responsible for weed’s effects. Despite this basic understanding, it’s a complex subject, and more than 100 cannabinoids have been discovered.
When it comes to cannabinoids, are some better than others? Many say yes, as the strength of your effects will depend on the specific compound. Remember, weed is made up of many cannabinoids, so these aren’t things you should look to purchase on their own.
Our Top 5
- CBD (Cannabidiol): A cannabinoid that works well for medical ailments, this substance is amongst the top 5 cannabinoids. If you have anxiety, chronic pain, or diabetes, look for strains high in CBD.
- THC (Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol): We all know about this one, as it relates directly to your high. Flower that’s high in THC provides relaxation, reduces stress, and induces a cerebral high. THC helps to boost your mood and also treats medical conditions with ease.
- CBN (Cannabinol): Becoming more popular in weed as time goes on, CBN is one of the top 5 cannabinoids. It helps to stimulate the appetite and is beneficial for many. Those with glaucoma, ALS, and chronic pain find CBN essential.
- CBC (Cannabichromene): This compound is not psychoactive, however, that doesn’t mean it’s not good for anything. It works in conjunction with THC and CBD to provide powerful medical relief and is common in most strains.
- CBG (Cannabigerol): Rounding out the list is CBG, another of the top 5 cannabinoids. A great antimicrobial compound, it’s becoming more popular for medical purposes. You can benefit from CBG if you have skin problems or even need an antibiotic.
But Wait, There’s More!
These are just the top 5 cannabinoids that help those with medical ailments and contribute to a great high. Studies have shown that there are more than 100 of these compounds present in weed. That means that these 5 might be great for you, and another 5 are awesome for someone else.
Weed can be just as individual as the person smoking it, so don’t assume that one cannabinoid is worthless for everyone just because it didn’t do anything for you. On the same note, these top 5 cannabinoids may not be your cup of tea either. Experiment with different strains and compounds to find your magic recipe for relief.