Just in case, you don’t know who Bob Marley aka Robert Nesta Marley was, he was a Jamaican musician and songwriter. Marley is considered to be one of the musicians who introduced reggae to the international music scene. He gained international fame with songs like “I Shot the Sheriff”, “Exodus”, “One Love”, “Jammin”, “No Woman, No Cry”, and many others.
Besides, his musical career Bob Marley was a devoted Rastafarian, although he was raised as a Catholic. During the 1960s, after converting from the Catholicism to the Rastafari faith, he began to smoke marijuana and expressed support to its legalization.
Bob Marley died from melanoma in 1981, May 11, at age 36. Till this day, he embodies Jamaican culture and identity, as well as reggae. His legacy – songs and music, and words of wisdom – continues to inspire millions of people all around the world.
Top 10 Bob Marley Quotes
- “Alcohol make you drunk, man. It don’t make you meditate, it just make you drunk. Herb is more a consciousness.”
- “Herb is the unification of mankind.”
- “Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.”
- “Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.”
- “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!”
- “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”
- “The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.”
- “You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.”
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.”
- “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy – If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing – If she’s worth it, you won’t give up – If you give up, you’re not worthy. … Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
What’s your favorite Bob Marley quote? Let us know in the comments below.